Flowers in Israel
"That they all may blossom in a beautiful world beyond war"
On this website you'll find:
- Plants of the Bible - Bible resources.
- Thorns and Thistles in the Bible - The Bible refers to thistles and prickles" as a symbol of desolation or wilderness.
- Perfume in the Bible - The use of perfumes among the Hebrews.
- Spices in the Bible - The use of spices varied widely from food preparation, to perfumes and ointments, to burial of the dead.
- Herbs in the Bible - In the Bible we can find a wide variety of herbs with different herbs references for the same verse.
- Terebinth Tree Resins - Balsam is the resin that leaks out of trees when they are cut, and was added to wine as a preservative and for medical benefits.
- Rain in the Bible - Different types of rain and their Bible resources.
- Land flowing with milk and honey, ארץ זבת חלב ודבש - the Promised Land.
- 'Zimrat ha'aretz' - can be interpreted as 'the praise of the Land', or as 'the song of the Land'.
- Israeli Jewish Holidays, - Shabbat and all holidays start at sunset and they end when three stars appear in the sky.
- Tu Bishvat (ט"ו בשבט), - "The New Year For the Trees."
- Charoset - a symbolic food eaten during the Passover seder.
- The Four Species (Hebrew: Arba'at Ha-Minim, ארבעת המינים) - etrog, a palm branch, two willow branches and three myrtle branches.
- The Seven Species Deut.8:8 describes the Land of Israel as "a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig-trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey.
Enjoy your visit!
*I'm sorry but I don't supply wildflower seeds or plants,
provide gardening advice or reply to gardening queries. *